5 DIY SEO Tips to Boost Your Web Presence


Only 49% of small businesses say they invest in SEO. So, the remaining 51% are missing out on the potential clients and customers that simple SEO tips can bring! 

No matter how small your company is, you cannot afford to not invest in SEO. Even if you do not have the budget, there are plenty of DIY SEO tips out there to push your brand and services in Google search.

If SEO overwhelms you and you don’t believe you can do an effective job without hiring someone, this simple SEO guide will prove you wrong. Here are some great SEO for beginners tips you can start implementing today.

1. Produce Consistent Web Content 

“If you build it, they will come,” is the oft-quoted line from the 1989 film Field of Dreams. But it can apply to web content, too. If you do not have a lot of blog content or web pages on your site, there isn’t anything for web users to find.

So, one of the simplest SEO tips is to start creating! Brainstorm ideas, plan a content calendar, and create web content for potential customers to discover.

2. Track Your Competitors

If you are business savvy, you likely already know who your competitors are. But as well as tracking their scale, products, and sales records, you also need to track their web presence.

How do they rank in Google for search terms you want to rank for? What blog content are they writing? Tracking the competition will give you ideas to improve.

3. Link-Up Your Web Content

Looking for super easy SEO tips? This must be the easiest. When writing web content, make sure you link to other pages on your website. 

Not only does this help spread the good web authority between high and low-ranking pages, but it helps readers navigate (and stay!) on your site too.

4. Upload Smaller Images

Site speed is important for good SEO. While some site speed tips need some technical know-how, uploading smaller images is a DIY SEO technique that is easy to do. 

Find out how many pixels wide your website is (often they are less than 1020px) and do not upload images larger than that number. Use an online compression tool to shrink images down further.

5. Use Keywords in the Right Places

Finding keywords is doable for free, but using a paid tool is best. Click for more information on paid SEO services if this interests you.

But learning where to put those keywords in your web content is easy. On every blog post, this is where you should be using your keywords:

  • Title
  • URL
  • Heading tag
  • Introduction
  • Body of the text
  • Conclusion

Do not stuff your content with keywords, and try to use variations and supplementary keywords too.

Simple DIY SEO Tips to Start Using Today

SEO for small businesses might seem like a very technical skill that only qualified people can master, but it is much simpler than that. Even by using a handful of DIY SEO techniques, more customers will find your business and it will grow.

If you want to learn more tips to help your business, browse our website for lots of entrepreneurial inspiration!